Monday, November 30, 2009

CONNECT: Inside The Westcott Theater

To say that I am busy or active on the Syracuse University campus is an understatement. I am constantly running around, trying to keep up with all the things I do, whether it's my internship with the fashion web site, www.lvcmag.com, my role as Finance Director for the musical theater group, First Year Players, blogging for our campus fashion magazine, Zipped Magazine, or blogging for an entertainment news show, The Red Carpet Report, at our school's radio station, Z89.

But one of my favorite activities is CONNECT. CONNECT is a student-produced TV news magazine show with a similar format to 20/20 or 60 Minutes. It is a half-hour show which airs on local Syracuse stations. Unfortunately I only had time to put together one complete piece this semester and can't devote any time to it next semester. But I am pleased with and proud of the piece that I did. I focused on The Westcott Theater, a local concert venue in Syracuse, NY, which had recently closed down and been renovated.

Below is a clip from our INSIDE CONNECT segment produced solely for the web. I am interviewed by fellow classmates here about my piece and what it was like to see the whole project through.

To see my piece and the episode in which it aired, click here.
If you want to check out my written blog post about my piece, click here.
And for more information about CONNECT Syracuse and how to get involved, check out our web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment