Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Day Cut Short

In a journal entry dated 4-9-10:

Today was a pretty rough day for me. I sat in our daily morning meeting at YNN (formerly News 10 Now), where we discussed story ideas for the day. Joleene and I would be checking on one thing quickly and then covering another, FUN story.

First we drove to the SUNY-ESF campus and shot some video of construction workers moving one of their Abraham Lincoln statues to another part of a campus for a short VO story. Then we got ready to go to a parade in Clinton Square for Vera House's White Ribbon Campaign to spread awareness of abuse. In this parade, men walk a mile in women's shoes to metaphorically understand their daily pain and struggle.

Unfortunately, I was not feeling well at all. Instead I was interviewed by the station's general manager and news director, Ron, for the VJ (video journalist) position I applied for. Then I went home. Too bad I didn't get to do the story with Joleene because it would have been fun, but it just wasn't an option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment