Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Little Less Reporting, A Little Less Fun

Once again, here's another update from my internship at News 10 Now.

In an entry dated 2-17-10:

A Little Less Reporting, A Little Less Fun

Before arriving to News 10 Now, I dressed up with every intention of shooting a standup for my next package and looking extremely professional.

I arrived exactly at 3:00pm for the nightside shift to learn that Kat -- who I normally shadow on Wednesday -- had already left to cover a story about the National Grid. Amanda was about to give me the option of going out with a photog (photographer) who was getting footage for a feature story, but realized eh had left already too.

This led me to spending my shift in the station. I spent a little more than an hour in the traffic room with Brad until I got bored. I learned the ropes of traffic, but reporting on it ever 15 minutes -- even though it's live -- gets pretty repetitive.

So I spent the rest of the night with an AP (Associate Producer), Courtney. She produced the Binghamton news for each hours, putting together the rundown and writing the News Minute for each hour, based on the latest news that came in.

I was able to take a break to eat and check my email, but like I said, the majority of the night was spent watching the AP write. The good news was that I did add some effects to my package from last week (the budget package) and dub it to tape. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment