Sunday, March 21, 2010

Half Day, Still Busy


Last Friday (March 12, 2010) was a half-day interning at News 10 Now. Since I was leaving early for Spring Break, I could only stay until about 1pm. I started the day by working on my Doc's Little Gem package from the previous Wednesday night.

Then I went out with Jim, one of the photogs to cover a Green Building Convention going on at the OnCenter. There were a ton of groups and organizations set up throughout the OnCenter promoting the construction eco-friendly buildings and homes through info pamphlets, discussions, and lectures.

After that, I finally finished my Doc's Little Gem package, and off to the Mayor's office I went! Joleene Des Rosiers was still working on the Route 81 story. The city and state were coming closer to making a decision about demolishing the partially collapsed building that caused part of the highway to close.

As part of the latest follow-up, Joleene would be chatting with Mayor Stephanie Miner and wanted some back-up. Between Joleene, the photog, and I, it definitely made the interview a little less intense, though Miner was firm when she stated the demolition would "not take five weeks" and that the city and state were finally making decisions.

For a half-day, it was still pretty eventful, and though Spring Break is sadly over now, I am definitely looking forward to getting back to the newsroom this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment